Wednesday 13 March 2013

Interview / South American Style

I have made an interview with the Colombian family who live in London for many years and who still love their country and still keeping their traditions till to now days. I have asked them 20 questions about their culture and I got interesting information about them and more knowledge and understanding about South America culture, traditions and fashion.
These are the questions and answers below:

I - Hi Claudia I am going to ask you few questions about your country and traditions for my Subculture Research for my university work.

Claudia – No Problem.

I – Ok can you tell me what are the main South American colours?

Claudia – The colours are Red, Yellow and Blue.

I – Which pattern design are the most common in Colombia?

Claudia – The most common patterns are the flowers.

I – What is yours traditional wear?

Claudia – The women’s wear are Black long skirt and white big t-shirt and red flowers on the hair.
Men’s wears are white hats, red tie, white shirt and black trousers.

I – How is your traditional wear different to a man and a women?

Claudia – Women’s have a dress and the man has trousers and this is the only difference but the colours stay the same.

I – What is the name of your traditional music?

Claudia – Cumbia, Horopo and Bambuko.

I – Who is your president?

Claudia – Is a man and his name is Juan Manuel Santos.

I – What is the women’s law?

Claudia – No equal right but many years ago women’s main to be a housewife and a man should work and women’s couldn’t vote.

I – How is woman different to a man in Colombia?

Claudia – Many years ago man was above women e.g. job title, the women was not allowed to work but now a days women’s are above the man’s (laugh). 

I – How is your traditional weeding looks like?
Claudia – We don’t really have the traditional weddings but the main tradition in Colombia is 15(anos) it means 15th birthday ( girl’s only).This tradition it’s a main one because on that day  girl’s became the women’s and on the celebration day the father its changing his daughter shoes to the heels and that’s how the all celebration works with the dance, food and long hours like celebration on a weeding day. Mexico does do it too.

I – Ok Claudia what is your traditional dish?

Claudia - Sancocho - it’s a soup made with potato with vegetables and meat. It’s a big dish. 
Bandeja Paisa – it’s red kidney beans, rise, mixed meat, fried eggs, plantains ( looks like a green banana) salad and avocado.

I – Which sport is the most common in Colombia?

Claudia – Tejo and Sapo.

I - Which car is the most common in your country?

Claudia – It’s a Jeep.

I – Which instrument is common in Colombia?

Claudia – It’s guitar, maracas and acoredon.

I – In which religion do you believe?

Claudia – Catholic

I – What is family relationship in Colombian culture?

Claudia – The family are very close together.

I – Which animal is the most common in Colombia?

Claudia – The animals?? Hmm are horses and Cows.

I – Are you allowed to marry your cousin in your culture?

Claudia – They do married cousins but not in the church because the church it’s not giving the permission only civil marriage it’s allowed.

I – Which drink (alcohol) is the most popular and what does it looks like?

Claudia – It’s a Aguardiente it’s kind of like tequila shots. 

I – Which drink it’s the most common in your country?

Claudia – It’s a coffee (puindio)
I - Which part of the body does Colombian piercing the most?

Claudia – Eras.

I – Thank you Claudia for your help and for your time and everything that you have shared with me today.

Claudia – No problem I hope I have gave you enough information.



No comments:

Post a Comment