Sunday 27 January 2013

Kenzo Takada



Takada is a Japanese fashion designer, who is the founder of Kenzo, a worldwide brand of perfumes, skincare products and clothes.
Kenzo loved fashion at the early age, particularly through reading his sisters magazines, he got interested in to fashion by that time.
Kenzo success started in 1970: during this year he presented his first show at the Vivienne Gallery; his first store, "Jungle Jap" was opened; and one of his models appeared in the cover of ELLE.

I was interested in the designers who come from South America and who are creating South American fashion garments.
Accidentally I have found this designer on my seminar class, I though that he have very rare and fascinated creations and I have founded out more about him. In his work I can see the passion and the whole power he uses in his garments. What I mostly like in his creations are the dresses because each of them has an art inside of it.
Takada is using different type of shape in his garments it seems that he is trying to join the fashion back in the time with modern fashion together.
I can see the relation between his Japanese creation with the South American traditions style because of the colors and shapes he uses in his work. 


In this garment I can see the similarity between the Japanese and Mexican Traditional wear because of the covered head and long dress down to the feet’s. 
















This is another interesting image which presents different type of garments and colours at the same time. I like these creations because they are unusual and interesting how other cultures can have similar style but they are still different in the way of their culture, language and different story.









This is the traditional garment in Japan, I have look at this example because I wanted to compare the difference and the similarity with the Mexican traditional wear. The difference between this traditional wear and Mexican its because the shape of the flowers are drawn into the small size and the flowers have one red colour , the flowers are linked on the tree which it’s really traditional in North Asian countries because these kind of tree only rise in their countries such as Japan, China etc… . 



 

I have chosen this image because I like the way Kenzo has created this dress in different colors, patterns which seems like a village style because of the squares patterns light colors and the frills.


This dress has very bright colors but still interesting shapes. I like the way this garments it’s create because when I am looking at this creation I can see straight away that Kenzo is using the traditional wear with out using only modern fashion style which is the most common now a days. It is interesting to see some other clothes like this because we can all get some different ideas and create our own clothes in many different ways by being interesting and looking at different designers work who are going with their creation more through the history and the traditions in different cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment